2002 Jun 12 00:43

Re: [vox] Neverwinter Nights

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 15:53, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> I guess the legends are true after all.  I had gotten to the point where I
> was just refusing to accept it would ever happen, but Neverwinter Nights
> appears to have gone gold.
>
> Here's Slashdot's article about it...
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/06/11/2213225&mode=thread&tid=127

One other thing, its server only ob the CD, client aka like you get with ID
software.

Now for the crunch:

"Linux gamers will still need the Windows version of the game to register at
the Neverwinter Nights community site (http://neverwinternights.com) and to
import essential game resources into their Linux server and game."

Ok, the registration is done through a web browser...So not sure what thats
about. second part I can understand...Also, you don't get the tools to build
any modules, but people have already got the beta Toolset to work under Wine,
so that should not be a big issue (reason why toolset was not ported is
because its developed using Borland C++ and there is no version for Linux
yet).

Just wanted to give a heads up.

Matt