2002 Jun 11 19:04

[vox] Mozilla and Mandrake 8.2 (for the IF)

[vox] Mozilla and Mandrake 8.2 (for the IF)

I'm not going to be at the next few InstallFests because I'm going home
for the summer. I reported at a previous installfest that no browser that
ships with Mandrake 8.2 (Galeon, Mozilla 0.98, Nautilus, Konqueror, Links,
Lynx) is compatible with sisweb. This is still true, however Mozilla 1.0
is compatible with sisweb.

I suggest downloading Texstar's Mozilla 1.0 RPMS at
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/Mandrake-
8.2/ and burning them onto a CD so we can give our users a system that
they can use to do such basic things as registering for classes.

***Do not download Mozilla RPMS out of Mandrake cooker, as these are being
compiled with GCC3 now, and will not be compatible with GCC2-compiled
plugins (like the java plugin)***

The mozilla 1.0 RPMS can be found in the `Contrib` directory, and a
compatible galeon RPM can be found in the `RPMS` directory. You will need

ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/Mandrake-
8.2/Contrib/*wtl.i586.rpm
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/Mandrake-
8.2/RPMS/galeon-1.2.5-2tex.i586.rpm