2002 Jun 10 13:17

Re: [vox] StarOffice 6 sighting

suggested retail is $75.95.  i can't imagine borders is so benevolent that
it would sell it for any less.

there is always openoffice.

i can't decide how much or to what extent i like sun anyway.  i think java
is pretty cool, but i understand how it conflicts with gnu/linux
philosophically.

is it better to use openoffice for free and directly support free
software, or purcharse star office and make a financial contribution that
will tickle down to the developers of openoffice.

either way, 75.95 is hundreds of dollars cheaper than the most minimal
version of office (unless you're buying word as a standalone).

dave m.