2002 Jun 09 17:09

Re: [vox] OT Omsoft netwrok banned from Slashdot.

Re: [vox] OT Omsoft netwrok banned from Slashdot.

CC'd to Omsoft Technical Support

My ip is NOT in the 168.150.101.* range... but I am served by Omsoft DSL.
I gather from the fact that the "banned" banner page says it thinks my IP
is 168.150.101.101 that Omsoft is running my web access through a
transparent proxy server.

Time for a pow-wow, Slashdot and Omsoft.

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, nbs wrote:

> Cc'd to "banned@slashdot.org"
>
> Yes... indeed.  Suddenly I get a particularly ugly, salmon-colored page
> telling me I've been banned.  I've got Omsoft for DSL.
> (IP in the 168.150.101.* range)
>

> The only thing _I've_ done on Slashdot in the last few days were
> read a few articles, and submit a couple of my own (one of which was
> rejected; the other still pending :^) )
>
> -bill!
>

> On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 01:31:21PM -0700, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> > Anyone here able to get onto Slashdot ok? To me it seems as though spmeone
> > from Omsoft got the whole network banned.
> >
> > Matt

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing