2002 Jun 09 09:39

Re: [vox] old news?

Quoting Ryan (ryan@mother.com):

> I think she's refering to grumpy developers who are tired of people
> asking questions already answered in the docs. I'd be pissed off if
> someone asked me how to do something mentioned in the first paragraph
> of a program's manpage..

Oh, I suspect she did a twenty-second Google search, came across things
she didn't instantly understand, and decided the easist way to account
for its continued existence is elitism.

Such things are the staple of such wastelands as the comp.os.*.advocacy
newsgroups:  Dismissing anything that you don't want to bother
understanding as an elitist conspiracy is _much_ easier than thinking.

--
Cheers,   The difference between common sense and paranoia is that common sense
Rick Moen     is thinking everyone is out to get you.  That's normal; they are.