2002 Jun 05 17:35

[vox] Re: [vox][ot] Re: [vox-tech] Which cipher to use?

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> > Was Dr. Bunsen supposed to be Asian?  I had no idea.
>
> was his name dr. bunsen?   i had no idea.   ;-)   but doesn't
> ==8<-- look like a sideways beeker?

I used to watch the Muppets in Korea on the American TV station.  I never
understood what they were saying but it was the only kids show on Sunday
mornings.  They also had Batman, Aqua Man, Scooby Doo, and a couple other
shows I don't remember.  Thanks to all the American show exposures I
learned early about American kid culture :)

> > They were my heroes.  I wanted to be a mad scientist with a hapless lab
> > assistant.  :)
>
> yeah, me too.  i wanted to be either a mad scientist with a hapless lab
> assistant, or else a crazed circus star who threw boomerang fish and
> played with TNT as if there were batons to juggle....

Er... my 2nd grade nickname was "mad scientist"... (in Korean, though.)

-Mark

PS: Of course "==8<--" is supposed to be a pair of scissors cutting
through a piece of paper, "==" representing the already cut portion of the
paper and "--" representing the to-be-cut portion of the paper...

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/