2002 Jun 04 10:28

[vox] FWD: O'Reilly Mac OS X Conference Call for Participation

----- Forwarded message from Marsee Henon <marsee@oreilly.com> -----

Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:05:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marsee Henon <marsee@oreilly.com>
Subject: O'Reilly Mac OS X Conference Call for Participation
To: pr@lugod.org

Hello User Group leaders,

Can you pass this information along to your members?

O'Reilly Mac OS X Conference Call for Participation--
Proposals Due June 14, 2002

O'Reilly & Associates invites the submission of tutorial and session
proposals for the first-ever O'Reilly Mac OS X Conference, taking place
at the Westin Santa Clara in Santa Clara, CA from September 30 to
October 3, 2002.

We're looking for proposals that bring state-of-the-art Mac OS X
content to programmers, developers, technical staff, and power users
from Mac, Java, Web, and open source communities. Topics include
migration issues, must-have tools, servers and networking, wireless,
Project Builder, Apache, PHP, Perl, Terminal application, databases,
languages, Development Frameworks, and iApps.

Submitting Proposals

Proposals need not be works of art--a thoughtful summary or abstract of
the talk you plan to give is sufficient for consideration. We prefer
outlines for tutorials. The proposal is what the conference committee
uses to select speakers, so give the committee enough information to
understand the topic you're covering.

Individuals and companies interested in making presentations, giving a
tutorial, or participating in panel discussions are invited to submit
proposals using this form:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/macosx2002/create/e_sess

Proposals will be considered in two categories: tutorials and
conference presentations (sessions).

Important Dates:

Proposals Due: June 14, 2002

Speaker Notification: June 20, 2002

For Mac OS X Conference information see:
http://conferences.oreilly.com/macosxcon/

Thanks for your help,

Marsee

----- End forwarded message -----