2002 May 29 17:15

[vox] Cool Trick

From <Linux Journal Weekly News Notes -- May 29th>

Tech Tip

   Do you need to run X sessions as two separate users at once? You don't
   need to kill off someone else's X session just because you want to
   browse the Web; log in at a text console and type

   startx -- :1

   to start a second X session as yourself. Switch between the two
   sessions with Ctrl-Alt-F7 and Ctrl-Alt-F8.

</Linux Journal Weekly News Notes -- May 29th>

I have wanted to know how to do this and it worked. Any cool tricks by any of
you?

Rusty