2002 May 29 08:38

Re: [vox] help for a school

> this went out as a lert call, but i think we might all be kind of busy.
>
> i realize it's close to finals, but can we get a group of people
> together to do this?  i'll go along, mostly for moral support since
> installing samba twice doesn't make me an expert.

Please note that the requirements described also necessitate NetATalk,
in addition to Samba.  (Schutzman doesn't realise this, thinking that
Samba serves up files for MacOS AFP in addition to Win32 SMB/CIFS.)

The Mac clients will need to have TCP/IP and AppleShare client software
installed and configured, which may very well not be the case.  The
MS-Windows boxes will need suitable Microsoft Client or equivalent
network pieces, along with TCP/IP.  Those should likewise not be taken
for granted.  You may also have end up having to do a _lot_ of
client-machine cleanup.