January 6: Social gathering
2002 May 28 03:21

[vox] [welter@computer.org: Fw: SFSIG Last chance: SIGGRAPH 3D event thi

[vox] [welter@computer.org: Fw: SFSIG Last chance: SIGGRAPH 3D event this Tuesday evening]

A last-minute forward from Lee Welter:

-bill!
pr@lugod.org

Subject: SFSIG Last chance: SIGGRAPH 3D event this Tuesday evening

Don't miss the May SFSIG 3D event Tuesday!

SFSIG, The San Francisco ACM SIGGRAPH Professional Chapter (www.sfsig.org)
presents our annual evening of the best in interactive 3D authoring,
composition, and collaboration tools and techniques, with a superb panel
on Tuesday evening, May 28 (the day after Memorial Day).  Attendees are
eligible for door prizes.

Network with the gurus, then attend our panel discussion at the McBean
Theater, San Francisco Exploratorium, 3601 Lyon St, San Francisco,
at the Palace of Fine Arts (directions:
http://www.exploratorium.com/visit/directions.html).
Parking is available.

Speakers include:

Steve Gray, Senior Game Producer, Electronic Arts
Alex Lindsay, Chief Vision Officer, dvgarage.com
Rob Polevoi, Director of Developer Relations, Eyematic Interfaces, Inc.
Mike Swanson, Manager of Technical Art, LucasArts
Jane Veeder, Associate Professor, SFSU Department of Design and Industry

Moderator: Joe Williams, Web3D.org, SFSIG Member-at-Large

6:30 - 7:30 - networking hour with refreshments
7:30 - 9:00 - introductions and program
9:15 - 10:00 - panel discussion

As always, the event is open to the public, space permitting: $5 in
advance,
or $7 at the door, free to our members.  You can make a reservation or
pay in advance on-line at: www.acteva.com/go/siggraph.  Or, join SFSIG
at www.sfsig.org, then press JOIN.

For more information, see full details at www.sfsig.org or e-mail Joe
Williams at mailto:JOEDWIL@earthlink.net.  SFSIG is a chapter of the
Association for Computing Machinery (www.acm.org) and its
Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques
(www.siggraph.org).  Interested in being a volunteer during the
upcoming season?  E-mail Greg Weinstein at mailto:GregLW@Mindspring.com.
Please forward this announcement to all interested people.  See you there!