2002 May 24 16:21

Re: [vox] News about speakers & talks

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 01:31:44PM -0700, joseph e arruda wrote:

> Good luck. Theo has practically open animosity towards Linux users, but
> you are welcome to try.

Hehe - He sounds interested, but just doesn't make it out this way very
often.  He said he'd look into finding someone else who might be able to
speak, and he DID bring up the fact that most don't like talking at
"Linux" groups.

He made a comment about the fact that "we [LUGOD] chose to put the word
'Linux' in our name."

My response to that was the fact that many of us were pretty wet behind
the ears.  Personally, I was VERY unfamiliar with Linux, let alone GNU
and FSF (though having toyed with Unix so long, I guess I don't have
too much of an excuse).  I'm sure many of us didn't even realize Linux
was anything more than "RedHat."  :^)

> He's also got a disposition worse than if you
> made a composite clone from all of mine and Peters worst qualities.

Well, so far he's been a perfect gentleman, so *nyeah* :^P

;^)