2002 May 24 11:48

Re: [vox] OT: Folk Heroes

>So, before I go out into the world and explain to people that one of the
>reasons why the Linux community is so cool is because it lends itself to
>the creation of folk heroes like that while the Microsoft community
>really doesn't seem to, can anyone come up with similar folk heroes for
>Windows?

The sad thing about this is the fact that MS probably does have some
hero-like programmers working out of its organization.  It's sad that
MS as an entity takes all the credit for the work of these guys who work
hard and come up with solutions.  But I guess they knew what they were
getting into when they signed up.

Dave