January 6: Social gathering
2002 May 23 09:36

Re: [vox] Re: [vox][ot] Why threaded mailer (Was posting etiquette on vo

Re: [vox] Re: [vox][ot] Why threaded mailer (Was posting etiquette on vox-tech)

mark,

there was a pretty long mutt thread about ... 2 months?  3 months? ago.

the key to getting comfortable with mutt is choosing the key bindings
that work with you.  most of us are pine converts (and a few are elm
converts).

therefore, the key to mutt success is getting someone's .muttrc file.
later on, when you get comfortable, you can start modifying it to your
own tastes.

i believe that bill, henry, me and a few other people posted our .muttrc
files.  it should be in the archive.

i have all my keybindings set up to mimic pine and lynx.  i can send you
my .muttrc file if you can't find it on the archives (or just want me to
send it).

pete

begin Mark K. Kim <markslist@cbreak.org>