2002 May 22 23:03

Re: [vox] OT: Folk Heroes

Ignoring the DOS days (which were much more Bazaar-like), I can't think
of one.  Windows lends itself to faceless, uninspired bolilerplate;
the kind of code that gets written because people are paid to, not
because they want to, or even care.  Unix and Linux get the kind of
programmer that produces software art; the type of system where perfection
is the norm, and where scraping by is frowned upon.