2002 May 21 19:27

Re: [vox] Motherboard + CPU advice

I just got a Shuttle AV18E + Celeron 1Ghz from Fry's for $75.  Works
great.  Runs on the 100Mhz bus, so it supports PC100 RAM if you still
have some of that laying around.  Has one ISA slot for my "legacy" ISA
56k modem (with jumpers!) that I know and love.

If you want AMD, they also just had a super good sale on FIC AV11 +
Duron 950 (which does support DDR) for about $120.

Just keep watching the Fry's ads for the new CPU/MB bundles.

Dave