2002 May 22 10:28

[vox] Lugod and public schools

From:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/05/21/216202&mode=thread&tid=167

Specifically:

>Paul Nelson (one of the forces behind the Linux for public schools
>movement) has been urging more cooperation between public schools and
>local Linux user groups. ``My hope is that other LUGs out there would
>start hosting clinics. If you are from a school, contact your local user
>group and offer to host a clinic!" He is planning a demonstration of what
>Linux can do for schools this July 4, calling it Software Independence
>Day."

I'd be up for helping local schools get linux running, possibly including
a nice cheap ($400 ish) diskless client that allows students to run
mozilla, openoffice, gnumeric and friends.

I've not been tracking lugod's activities that closely, similar
projects might be already underway, in any case figured I'd send a
heads up.

--
Bill Broadley
Mathematics/Institute of Theoretical Dynamics