2002 May 21 16:23

Re: [vox] Stallman on Slashdot

> the vox/vox-tech "rules" are sent to every person who subscribes to the
> list, along with the welcome message.  the rules specifically say that
> "p@dirac.org" is the list admin.  consider *every* post from this email
> address as being sent by the list-admin.
>
> non-standard and possibly confusing.  but it works for me.

Well, that's the important part, I guess.  Though it's a little
hard on _you_, since it means you can't express an offhand opinion
without the risk of it being construed as list policy.

On mailing list I run, the rule is that I'm not speaking as listowner
unless I'm either posting from the foo-owner address (which makes it
obvious) or specifically say I am doing so.  Otherwise, it would strike
me as unreasonable to expect other people to figure out which "hat"
I'm wearing at a given moment.

Anyhow, thanks for clarifying.