2002 May 21 16:10

Re: [vox] Stallman on Slashdot

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Rick Moen wrote:

> Quoting joseph e arruda (zeruch@dibona.com):
>
> > Have they?  I was brow beaten by a wimpy little FSF wanker last LWCE
> > because I was being sociable with Kurt Granroth of the KDE project. He has
> > a small but noisy band of elves worshipping his little contorted frame...
>
> I would have paid admission to have seen you deal with that.
>
> (Kurt's a good guy.)

Kurt is a very good, an even-keeled and grounded individual who is
amazingly stable after all the abuse he's received from folks.

The FSF wanker was young and dumb and full of core files between his
ears.  I literally brushed him off.  I think MLM asked me why I didn't
crush him, but I wasn't feeling particularly verbally-homicidal that
day.

> > Note: I at least inject things like sarcasm and a jaded raw sense of
> > humour (even Rick will give me that much).
>
> On the other hand, I deny all those vicious rumours that I've likewise
> occasionally engaged in sarcasm and have a deplorably low sense of
> humour.

Well, I guess I have to agree with that.  You're just such a corporate
hack you know.

> Now, the sport of namecalling and dissing reputations of well-known
> people is a time-homoured and beloved part of American culture.

Now now, yanks aren't the only ones (Brits do it in more volume and with
much more aplomb).

> wouldn't dream of interfering.  But it doesn't seem much to ask, to
> avoid _confusing_ such dirtfests with discussion of specific,
> individualissues, statements, and deeds, which stand on their own
> merits.

Ya damn wetblanket.