2002 May 21 13:56

Re: [vox] Stallman on Slashdot

Quoting Rod Roark (rod@sunsetsystems.com):

> Which is just a long-winded way of saying that the offensive
> nature of the request *should* be obvious.

So, we'll mark you down in the "RMS ethically obliged to stay silent
about the possibility of coming to visit, if the group changes his name,
and should just say no and refuse to explain why" column.  Noted.

> "Well enough" is usually a matter of opinion.

Clever how I did that, wasn't it?

> What you seem to be saying is that those who disagree with yours must
> be irrational, unbalanced crackpots.

No, I'm saying that crackpots are crackpots, and leaving the association
as to who qualifies as an easy connect-the-dots exercise for the reader.
Not that I have anything against irrational, unbalanced crackpots.  That
describes some of my favourite Usenet posters to a "T".

--
Cheers,     "Learning Java has been a slow and tortuous process for me.  Every
Rick Moen   few minutes, I start screaming 'No, you fools!' and have to go