2002 May 21 12:08

Re: [vox] Stallman on Slashdot

Quoting joseph e arruda (zeruch@dibona.com):

> Have they?  I was brow beaten by a wimpy little FSF wanker last LWCE
> because I was being sociable with Kurt Granroth of the KDE project. He has
> a small but noisy band of elves worshipping his little contorted frame...

I would have paid admission to have seen you deal with that.

(Kurt's a good guy.)

> Note: I at least inject things like sarcasm and a jaded raw sense of
> humour (even Rick will give me that much).

On the other hand, I deny all those vicious rumours that I've likewise
occasionally engaged in sarcasm and have a deplorably low sense of
humour.

Now, the sport of namecalling and dissing reputations of well-known
people is a time-homoured and beloved part of American culture.  I
wouldn't dream of interfering.  But it doesn't seem much to ask, to
avoid _confusing_ such dirtfests with discussion of specific,
individualissues, statements, and deeds, which stand on their own
merits.

> 3. Yelling and cussing at a VA tech support person....

God, I wish I could tell the GPL story.  But I don't think I can.