2002 May 21 14:21

Re: [vox] Stallman on Slashdot

Rick Moen wrote:

> Quoting Eric Engelhard (eric_cl@pacbell.net):
>
> > Not coercive, but presumptuous as hell.
>
> It's presumptuous to say "If you do foo, I'll come speak.  If you don't,
> I won't"?  I must say, I don't understand.

Why are you abstracting the argument to "foo"? He made a concrete
request that the SIG change their name as a condition of his appearance.
It is this request that I indicated as presumptuous.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to continue this debate unless you change your
name to Fred. ;-)

--
Eric Engelhard - www.cvbig.org - www.sagresdiscovery.com