2002 May 17 09:24

Re: [vox] MD5 Checksums and Public Downloading

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 07:15, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Micah Cowan (micah@cowan.name):
>
> > No, I don't.  I mean a PGP signature, as described by the RFC 1991.
> > Actually, though, if I'd wanted to be *really* accurate, I'd have said
> > "OpenPGP" signature (RFC 2440, which is more up-to-date and open).  I'm
> > referring to an open message format. I specifically avoided "GnuPG"
> > because that would restrict me to only one implementation.
>
> Wow, that's an impressively fancy way of ignoring my point.  Hand the
> man a cigar.

How have I ignored your point?  Your point, I thought, was that "PGP
signature" is an incorrect term to use.  My argument above was that it
wasn't.  How does this fail to address your point?

> > Please justify this statement.
>
> Please offer to pay me for my time.

Who's paying for mine?

Geez, Rick, I just backed up my assertions with a load of facts.  If
you're gonna argue with me, at least have the decency to provide some of
your own.

-Micah