2002 May 14 20:25

Re: [vox] The 5 W's of "vox"...

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Mark K. Kim wrote:

>    - Whose idea was it to use the term "vox" for our mailing lists?

It was my idea.  Marianne Waage went to an independent high school named
Nova and worked on the newspaper there, called Vox Nova.  I always thought
that was a clever name...  Voice of the school, the New Voice...

When we were naming the officers (of which I also take credit for
root, devnull and the idea behind typescript) and what we were all
obviously in a giggly goofy mood.  I joked that we should have a Vox
Lugod, and those who knew about Vox Nova laughed.  Somehow we all
agreed that it was a pretty good name.

Your friendly Lugod secretary,

Melissa
typescript@lugod.org