2002 May 14 11:15

Re: [vox] wine question -- licenses

hey doug,

begin R. Douglas Barbieri <doug@dooglio.net>
> Hey Pete,
>
> 3. Specifically, there are no WINE source code mods here, because ALL of
> our WINE changes (even those changes we made when WINE was X11) have been
> submitted for inclusion to the main LGPL wine tree.  Pretty much all of
> our changes were accepted and are currently in wine.  Lindows.com
> currently does all their development on the LGPL wine tree, submitting all
> our changes back.

oh, that is SO cool.  boy, i hope this company thrives!  i love hearing
about people supporting the wine effort.  the fork in the wine codebase
is prolly nearly as depressing as the demise of VA linux.

> (I went ahead, took the plunge and joined their Insiders program--I am
> itching to see just how far along they've come! I will let you know what
> I think once I've downloaded the Lindows ISO).

w00t!  even if you don't have much to say, this is worthy of a talk.
even if it ends up being a 45 minute talk, i'm sure alot of us would
_really_ like to see this thing in action!

i've been considering taking the plung myself, but i've been hard at
work with school and don't have the time to really give this thing a
good solid try.  i might invest in it once it goes out of testing
though.

cool beans!  thanks doug!

pete