2002 May 12 14:25

(fwd) Re: [svlug] Re: List netiquette

  • To: vox@lugod.orMAPSg
  • Subject: (fwd) Re: [svlug] Re: List netiquette
  • From: Ajay <os2man@psynMAPSet.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 08:05:27 -0700

This warranted being passed on to other lists..  (important info)  HTH..

	-Ajay

(Hmmm.. That gives me some questions for later.. (dou and robert's))

----- Forwarded message from J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu> -----

To: svlug@svlug.org
Subject: Re: [svlug] Re: List netiquette

On Fri, 10 May 2002 22:33:25 -0700
Marc MERLIN <marc_news@merlins.org> wrote:

> I saw too many people doing this in a row, so here's a quick reminder
> Please do not write two lines at the top and quote 150+ lines of old
> text that's we'll all already seen several times. It's a killer,
> especially for digest users (and we have many)

> You should properly trim the quotes and answer under the part that you
> are quoting.

> See http://www.svlug.org/policies/list-policy.shtml for more details.

Asides from RFC 1855 as a general netiquette quite, I usually quote the
following set of URLs to top posters:

  http://www.ptialaska.net/~kmorgan/nquote.html
  http://www.zedtoo.demon.co.uk/jcode/basic.html
  http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html#ss2.3