2002 May 09 19:46

Re: [vox] Windows versions

It's my understanding that the judge no longer has the option of splitting the
company.  Unfortunatly this was thrown out as a possible solution by the
appeals court.  I do think she will do something meaningful, and Microsoft no
doubt see's this coming as well, as they are stockpiling money...
    Whatever the outcome it will be interesting for future Anti-Trust
litigation, and whether Microsoft finds itself in court again in the future
over similar abuses....
    I'm not a lawyer, but if we compare the transgressions of Microsoft
and the actions the led to the break up of AT&T, I can only wonder what it
takes to now be punished for being a monopoly....

 G.

> > On Thursday
09 May 2002 14:04, nbs
wrote: > > Did you know that all versions of Windows are, in fact, completely