2002 May 07 18:33

Re: [vox] inane comment about mozilla

The biggest problem people had with mozilla was/is it being slow and a
memory hog.

I say: user error.

most people don't bother building it themselves with the correct options
(--disable-debug and --optimize being the biggies).

I've been using the following config since 0.9.5, and it's been fast and
rock solid (except for 0.9.7, which had memory leaks).

grosa@monkey:~$ cat .mozconfig
# sh
# Build configuration script
#
# See http://www.mozilla.org/build/unix.html for build instructions.
#

# Options for 'configure' (same as command-line options).
ac_add_options --disable-xprint
ac_add_options --disable-logging
ac_add_options --disable-mailnews
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-accessibility
ac_add_options --enable-optimize=-O3
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-strip-libs
ac_add_options --enable-elf-dynstr-gc
ac_add_options --enable-crypto
ac_add_options --disable-jsd
ac_add_options --disable-ldap

-Gabe

ps. the debian builds seem to be pretty good, dunno about the moz.org/rh/etc
binaries.