2002 May 03 15:09

Re: [vox] A web-based port scanner....?

A HAH!

The http://www.vulnerabilities.org/ is the one I liked
the most.

-sp

Jeff Newmiller wrote

> On Fri, 3 May 2002, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
>
> > Back when I was setting up my home network, I
frequently made use of a
> > web-based port scanner to check security.  It was
great: it would scan
> > the system and send me a report via e-mail letting
me know of open
> > ports and other conditions to address.  Wasn't a
perfect tool, of
> > course, but a good starting place.
> >
> > I've lost the bookmark, and because a friend of
mine informed me that
> > there's an odd port open on my system which I can't
seem to address
> > with my firewall software, I'd like to check it
again.

> > Does anyone know the tool that I'm talking about?
Or something like it?

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/links.php?op=viewlink&cid=6

> Others have pointed out netstat... lsof is pretty
useful for this kind of

http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html
> useful.

> Jeff Newmiller                        The     .....
    .....  Go Live...
> DCN:<jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us>        Basics: ##.#.
    ##.#.  Live Go...
>                                       Live:   OO#..
Dead: OO#..  Playing
> Research Engineer (Solar/Batteries            O.O#.
    #.O#.  with
> /Software/Embedded Controllers)               .OO#.
    .OO#.  rocks...2k