2002 May 03 08:17

[vox] What's in store for summer!

Ok guys and gals, we've got some exciting stuff in store for the next
few months of LUGOD meetings!

  FlightGear and OpenGC
  May 7th

  Murry Shohat, founder of Embedded Linux Consortium
  Rick Lehrbaum, creator of LinuxDevices.com
  May 20th

  Robin Gross, Staff Attorney at EFF
  POSSIBLY SPECIAL GUEST STAR, TOO!  [*]
  June 4th

  Deep Video Imaging's "ActualDepth" quasi-3D monitors (works with Linux!)
  Juen 17th

  Mr. Hans Reiser, creator of ReiserFS
  July 15th

  Jon 'maddog' Hall himself!
  August 19th

With some still-to-be-scheduled speakers and topics, including:

  HP "Blade" servers

  Itanium CPU

  Rasmus Lerdorf, creator of PHP and author of O'Reilly's PHP books!

  Trolltech

  VMWare

  Dan Helfman from Jim Henson's Creature Shop  [ they use Linux! ]
  [ TENTATIVE! ]

  Richard 'TiVolutionary' Bullwinkle from TiVo  [**]
  [ TENTATIVE! ]

Once things settle down, I'll be pinging some other speakers who said they'd
like to come, but who I haven't spoken with in a while, including:

  Ridgerun - DSP Linux

  Google

  Glyphic Technology

And we still have quite a few local LUGOD members who want to do talks.
Hey guys, let me know when you want to do your presentations!

  Doug Barbieri  -  Hands-on PC Building Demo
  Donald Dunn    -  IBM and Linux
  Stephen Helms  -  Shells: Unix vs. NT
  Henry Hosue    -  SGML, TeX
  Mark Kim       -  DOSemu
                 -  POSIX
  Rusty Minden   -  Physical Security
  Dave Peticolas -  Glade and Python
  Pete Salzman   -  XFree86 Videomode Timings
                 -  Port Sentry
                 -  Device Drivers
  Mike Simons    -  Power Management
                 -  mmap IPC, Realtime Monitoring, Freeze/Thaw processes
                 -  Debian Packaging Tricks
                 -  netselect and netselect-apt
                 -  Local Debian Mirroring
                 -  Fun with poll()

Enjoy!

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/upcoming/
  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/tba/

Oh... and there's always the Wish List!

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/wishlist/

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/

[*] Oh man, I can't wait to tell you, once he confirms!

[**] He said that we've got such a cool line-up of speakers, that he
     just had to be part of it. ;^)