2002 May 02 14:36

Re: [vox] Printouts for WEF

bill,

excellent job!!!  one question, though

begin nbs <nbs@sonic.net>

> 2. Microsoft - Not Just Buggy Software, Privacy Invasion, too!
>
>     * Microsoft is Watching You
>       + WinXP Search Assistant silently downloads files

are you sure this correct?

a few weeks ago i remember reading that when you searched your local
hard drive the search assistant silently uploaded personal information
to microsoft.com.   i didn't hear anything about silently downloading
files to your local hard drive (although i'm sure that happens anyway.
the personal info thing was the bit that made the news though).

also -

>     * MSN.com shuts out non-MS browsers

i didn't hear about this.  msn.com seems to be ok with opera identifying
itself as mozilla.   shockingly, msn.com also looks good with lynx too.
even better, becuase there's no rolling images and advertisings.

was this non-MS browser thing remedied?

everything else looks fantastic!

pete