2002 May 01 14:03

Re: [vox] DemoLinux

nbs wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 04:20:11PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
><snip>
>

>>>HP system with everything except usb mouse working.  I have also tried
>>>

>>                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>>bill, take note.  these things are popular.  also, ryan made a good
>>point.  we need to tell people at wef about these two issues.

OK, the HP system with usb was a coworkers that tried it on her own.
 She is definately a newbie, but will be installing linux soon (she
really really likes it so far).  I was taking the usb not working by
word of mouth.  I did not test it on her computer.  It does give
instructions on how to use it with usb and it did work on my laptop,
maybe she did not follow the instructions

>The 'requirements' for the DemoLinux disc state that you need a PS/2 or
>Serial mouse (although they do admit that sometimes it DOES work).
>
>I've mentioned this on the 'cover' for the CD, along with the other
>requirements (eg, PC with a CDROM drive, 100MB HD space (optional),
>RAM requirements, etc.)
>
>I'll also try to make sure people who grab the CD at the WEF event
>(and other events where we may have these) are told about this
>requirement.

The Dell Dimension XPS T500 was tested last night and worked well.  It
did make me notice something when I shut down.  I heard sound!  I forgot
to mention that the Dell Optiplex GX1 and GX110 at my work have no
sound, so I do not know if sound works on them (could not verify).

I will verify with my coworkers that sound was or was not working for them.

Stephen