2002 May 01 10:41

Re: [vox] Are you jobs boring?

begin Richard S. Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com>
> You mean Richard, not Don. ;-)
>
> I think our IT guys just fell victim to M$ propoganda.  Unfortunately, you'll find that most departments in UCD are M$ based, and getting a department head to change their mind is just a bit easier than pulling teeth out of your own head with a monkey wrench.
>
> At least, it's that way in administrative departments.  :)

definitely not the academic scientific departments.

physics, math, chemistry and all the engineering departments are fully
behind linux.  in particular, the sparcs in physics are just waiting to
die and be replaced by x86 running linux.  the office administrators use
windows, but that's about it.

last i looked, anthropology seemed windows based, but i heard a rumor
about year ago that this was beginning to change.