2002 May 01 09:51

Re: [vox] Are you jobs boring?

Don, I agree with you and your IT guys are ignorant.

I work for a company that _sells_ a web base application
that is open source. It is written in ASP and has 60+
installed clients world wide.

Open source is not insecure it is just available to be
read, like a book on the Manhatten Project. Just because
you can read it doesn't mean that it is inherently
insecure.

-- Andy

PS I am finally off the world-wide project from Hell. Yea!

--- Don Werve <donw@examen.com> wrote:
[quote] "Even though this conversation was based on the
fact that the department had already spent tons of money on
a Cold Fusion server, is determined to use IIS and Access,
and the IT guys here believe that because PHP is open
source it's insecure (a quote: "Since everyone has access
to the source code, all of the security flaws are completed
overexploited!").

=====