2002 May 01 08:52

Re: [vox] Are you jobs boring?

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 07:31:27AM -0700, Don Werve wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 11:19:00PM -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> > Couple of illustrative dialogues from my current temp assignment:
> >
> > Me:  Just wondering why this department's website doesn't use Cold
> > Fusion and keep the disclosure information in an Access backend.  It
> > would standardize the process and make everything uniform.
>
> You deserve to be shot for that.  ColdFusion is about as stable as a
> teacup floating in the South Atlantic durring hurricaine Death[1].
> Access is almost as bad; and has nasty tendancies to corrupt the hell
> out of data files.

Oh, I hate Cold Fusion (though I admit that there is a special place in my heart for it, since it's the first web scripting language I ever learned.

But you're right.  Even though this conversation was based on the fact that the department had already spent tons of money on a Cold Fusion server, is determined to use IIS and Access, and the IT guys here believe that because PHP is open source it's insecure (a quote: "Since everyone has access to the source code, all of the security flaws are completed overexploited!").

I still feel good about myself.  I'm sure I do.

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com