2002 Apr 30 23:21

Re: [vox] /etc/apt/sources.list --- testing -> woody?

Re: [vox] /etc/apt/sources.list --- testing -> woody?

> according to mike, unstable will always be called sid.

Correct.

> i'm unsure of this point -- is testing always called woody?

Nope.

However, "testing" is such a relatively new branch that it's not _yet_
been pointed to anything but woody.  Pretty soon, though, woody will get
re-linked to "stable" and a new branch named for (presumably) some other
Toy Story character will show up as a new "dists" subdirectory, and
start getting populated from symlinks pointing to packages in the pools
tree.

http://people.debian.org/~jules/testingfaq.html

Best concise explanation of Debian I know of:
http://qref.sourceforge.net/quick/

And my collection of notes, obsolete junk on top, new stuff on the
bottom:  http://linuxmafia.com/debian/tips

--
Cheers,                                     SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM!
Rick Moen                                   SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM!