2002 Apr 29 09:27

[vox] Linux Install east of Sacramento?

Jim Brennan, one of our speakers at the next meeting, was wondering if
someone from LUGOD would be able to help him get Linux installed.

He's hoping he can get it up and running before the talk.  I told him
I'd pass his request on to our list...

Thanks!

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from jj <jj@kingmont.com> -----

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:52:35 -0700
From: jj <jj@kingmont.com>
Subject: Re: Flyer for FG @ LUGOD
To: nbs <nbs@sonic.net>

Hi Bill:

Just got a new machine which I plan to use at the meeting.

It has a large (160GB) deive, partitioned into 4  40GB partitions.  Win 98
(release 2) is on one partition, the rest are blank (  not yet formatted).

I'd like to get Linux on one of the partitions, and set up to "dual boot" to
either win98 or linux (lilo?), and could use some help in doing that if someone
in your group would be willing to give a hand.

As you know I don't know much about Linux :-(

If someone is willing, ask them to contact me at 916 652 9877.

Thanks.

jj