2002 Apr 22 19:02

Re: [vox] linux on the desktop

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 05:59:19PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> ps - there's an article about how windows xp silently downloads information
> about when you search for files on your local drive.  it uploads your ip
> address, what your searching for and other info directly to microsoft.

I had a coworking complaining about the search tool trying to log onto the
net with his modem every time he went to search.  I told him what it's
REALLY doing and he almost didn't believe me. :)

Here's an article I pointed him at (also linked-to off my site[*]):

[*] http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/bill/microsoft/