January 6: Social gathering
2002 Apr 23 10:25

Re: [vox] the lugod faq

> i put it up the (now defunct) lugod faq on my website:
>
> 	http://www.dirac.org/linux/lugod/FAQ/
>
> submissions are most welcome.  with or without answers (although i would
> /much/ prefer with answers).

I have a modest suggestion for:

Q:  2.0  How do I get off the mailing lists?

A:  It depends whether you have the five-year or the lifetime
subscription.  Both of these can be terminated in the same way, through
patience or death.  For termination-through-death, your will should
specify a number of, eh, specific and interesting clauses, including a
generous bequest to the CyberPeasant Relocation Fund.  We have lawyers
here who will help with this.

To discover which kind of subscription you have, you will need to study
the mail headers in great detail.  Most of us here can't help, since
we're lifers, having sold our souls to Satan, are crack addicts, and/or
are under the control of various background daemons.  Others have
inherited their subscriptions from deceased, caring friends or
relatives, and would no more think of unsubscribing than of jumping off
a bridge.

It's possible that your subscription is new enough that you can still
cancel it by stopping payment on the credit-card charge.  There are
several list members who will assist you in this, but they will need
your credit card and bank account numbers, in order to verify our
records. Just post these numbers to the list, and the proper personnel
will process your accounts in 24 hours.

The Operations Officer here is a volunteer retired military officer,
Major Jack [Full-Metal Jacky] Domo; you can ask him for help at
majordomo@lists.lugod.org, once you have studied the mail headers to
find your subscription type.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                                Bu^so^stopu min per kulero.