2002 Apr 22 13:38

Re: [vox] Why not Microsoft?

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 12:04:25PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> Geez, MS is adding material faster than I can put it in....
>
> http://slashdot.org/articles/02/04/22/1719218.shtml?tid=109

Hehe.. Old news. :)  From my archive:

  Microsoft to schools: Give us your lunch money! (Salon.com, 2001.Jul.10)
  [ http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2001/07/10/microsoft_school/index.html ]

  "Microsoft threatened to sue unless the administrative offices and all
  264 schools conducted an audit and proved that every piece of installed
  Microsoft software had a valid license. ... 'Can anyone expect a dying
  person to be concerned about the drug companies' profits?' ... the fines
  for just the MS-DOS [illegal] copies could add up to as much as
  $19.8 million, not even counting lawyer's fees."

:)