2002 Apr 18 12:24

Re: [vox] From StarOffice to Kinkos: PS, PDF?

Re: [vox] From StarOffice to Kinkos: PS, PDF?

> On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Alexandra Thorn wrote:
[chop]
> > exactly.  Somehow I doubt that RTF would do this.  Isn't it basically
> > another variation on HTML?
[chop]

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, joseph e arruda wrote:
[chop]
> It';s supposed to be, but its bastardized so much, that it borks browsers
> with alarming frequency.  It really isn't used that much anymore though...
[chop]

Its use has picked up in many businesses. (Search Bugtraq discussions and
the virus lists on security focus.) Some companies have shifted away from
.doc to *only* use .rtf and avoid need to scan for macro viruses. (People
from these companies have posted this into the sec focus lists.)

Also, rtf is more interchangable than .doc across more platforms, and even
very old software can open and read rtf. Though it is probably not growing
as fast as .doc or others forms, I am not so sure it is shrinking (by raw
number not percent.)

-ME