2002 Apr 11 19:18

[vox] Upcoming meeting news!

LUGOD has got some cool meetings coming up for the new few months!

Here's the current line-up!

  This Monday, April 15th   (Tax day!)

    Verbus M. Counts on the VI editor
    (he's been using it for a long, long time)

    http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

  Tuesday, May 7th

    Andy Ross, from the Open Source "Flight Gear" project
    (he'll be bringing a beefed-up box to demo it on)

    http://www.lugod.org/meeting/upcoming/#2002.05.07

  Monday, May 20th   (double-header!)

    Murry Shohat, executive director of the Embedded Linux Consortium,
    AND Rick Lehrbaum, founder and executive editor of LinuxDevices.com

    http://www.lugod.org/meeting/upcoming/#2002.05.20

  Tuesday, June 4th   (keep an eye on this meeting!!!)

    Robin Gross, an attorney for the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)

    http://www.lugod.org/meeting/upcoming/#2002.06.04

Also coming in summer:  Steve Smith from Deep Video Imaging, Ltd.,
who will be demonstrating their "ActualDepth" quasi-3D LCD display
(it works with Linux!)

We also might have someone from Jim Henson's Creature Shop come up
to talk about their use of Linux and Open Source!  (No idea when, yet.)

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/