2002 Apr 11 14:36

[vox] [spam] Runtime Revolution for Linux

I'm not sure I know what 'Revolution' is, but it's available for Linux. ;)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Rod McCall <rodmc@runrev.com> -----

Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:49:43 +0100
From: Rod McCall <rodmc@runrev.com>
To: revolution_Developers@yahoo.co.uk

The information contained in this email message is intended for those
involved in running user groups. Runtime Revolution only sends this
information to people who have provided their email address for this
purpose. We do not send spam and will only use this email address for
product announcements or information which is specific to user groups. You
will NOT receive general marketing information and your details will not be
given to third parties.

We appreciate some people may not want to be on this list and request that
if you do not wish to appear on it that you reply with the subject "REMOVE".

What's in this news letter
1. Events, sponsorships and participation.
2. New version announcement for Revolution 1.1.1
3. New Partnership with MandrakeSoft

Free Trial download http://www.runrev.com/revolution/downloads/index.html

Events, Sponsorship and Participation
Does your user group organize seminars, workshops or larger events? If so
we'd like to hear from you as we currently can help out by providing
sponsorship, presentations, workshop sessions or other forms of
assistance. We can also help in the authoring of tutorial or presentation
materials.

We frequently attend trade shows if your user group is based is based in
the same area we are often available to give talks, presentations or
special training sessions for group members. Again please get in touch.

New Version Announcement
Runtime is pleased to announce a new version of Revolution our
cross-platform development tool for Mac OS/X, Windows, Linux and Unix.
Revolution 1.1.1 contains a whole range of new features and enhancements as
well as improvements in stability. We are also pleased to announce new
licensing and product options:

*New lower priced license for Small Business now only $299
*New lower priced license for Students now only $99
*New enterprise level support and training options.

New features include:
*Enhanced Internet library offers more comprehensive error reporting,
custom HTTP header control, and FTP upload capability.
*New driver interface support communicating with and controlling any
external device.
*Database Manager now supports Valentina, a powerful single-user database,
in addition to MySQL, Oracle, and ODBC databases.
*Database support is now available on OS X for MySQL and Valentina.
Stability and compatibility have been improved throughout.

Full information on the product is available from: http://www.runrev.com/

New Partnership with MandrakeSoft
Runtime is also pleased to announce our new partnership with MandrakeSoft,
one of the leading Linux distributors. The new partnership starts with
Revolution
(starter kit) being bundled with every copy of Mandrake Linux 8.2. In
addition
copies of Revolution will also be available via the Mandrake online store.

Rod McCall
Runtime Revolution Ltd <www.runrev.com>
91 Hanover Street, Edinburgh,  EH2 1DJ, UK
tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165 fax: +44 (0) 131 718 4334
"The Solution for Software Development" (Mac/Windows/Linux/Unix)
Free trial download available.

----- End forwarded message -----