2002 Apr 09 23:46

Powerpoint replacement for linux?

  • To: vox@luMAPSgod.org
  • Subject: Powerpoint replacement for linux?
  • From: Marianne Waage <mwaage@uMAPScdavis.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:39:34 -0700

There's a professor at Math who would like to use a presentation program
under linux.  He currently uses PowerPoint.  He's tried the Applix slide
show program and found it lacking.

Is there a better presentation program available for linux?  I'm guessing
he would need to be able to print easily to transparencies as well.  (Yes,
I could look on freshmeat, but I'd like to suggest something that I know
people have tried and found good.)

-yams