2002 Apr 06 15:01

Re: [vox] From StarOffice to Kinkos: PS, PDF?

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 02:42:48PM -0800, John C. Alden wrote:

> *** I DON'T want to go this route!   Postscript take me away!!! ***
>
> I just *know* there's a solution that involves saving as Postscript and/or
> converting to PDF (ps2pdf?) , thereby only needing, say, Mac or Win Adobe
> Acrobat at the Kinko's end, and only printing the file, not editing it. I
> expect it would come out exactly the same as viewed at home.

Most apps. that can print (eg, StarOffice 5.2, Netscape 4.x, and I assume
the 6.x versions of these beasties) can also "print to file", which simply
dumps a PS file out.

If it won't fit on a floppy once dumped out to a PS (or converted to PDF,
if you decided to try that), you can always ZIP it using the info-zip tools,
and then unzip it with WinZIP on the MICROS~1 box at Kinkos.