January 6: Social gathering
2002 Apr 05 17:26

Re: [vox] internal access to jabberd by name

Re: [vox] internal access to jabberd by name

How are you doing the Internet gateway?  That can have
an effect on how name resolution works, paticularly if
you are using NAT.

-sp

tlburnett@ucdavis.edu wrote

> I'm having similar problems with running my own
jabberd server.  Outside
> users can connect fine, but from the inside I can't
connect to it.

> The worst part about Jabber is that it's tied to DNS,
so I have to setup
> my internal hosts file to point to it.  But QT has a
bug on Windows that
> makes it not read the system's hosts file.  My fault
for using Windows on
> occausion, I know :).
>
> Mmm CTF... I've been playing that a lot lately.  I've
been too lazy to
> install Rocket Arena in Linux yet.
>
> -Tom
> tlburnett@ucdavis.edu
>
> > heh.  it only took me about a fraggin YEAR to
figure out that quake3
> > server uses udp, not tcp, for network play.  DOH!
> >
> > if anyone is interested in playing some quake3, let
me know and i'll set
> > up the server.   my prefered game is capture the
flag, but i also like
> > the space-like free for all maps.
> >
> > i'll be home all day working on my monte carlo
simulations.   feel free
> > to email me if anyone wants to play.   bill?  doug?
 steve?   anyone