2002 Apr 05 15:04

Re: [vox] quake3 serving from behind a firewall

Re: [vox] quake3 serving from behind a firewall

I'm having similar problems with running my own jabberd server.  Outside
users can connect fine, but from the inside I can't connect to it.

The worst part about Jabber is that it's tied to DNS, so I have to setup
my internal hosts file to point to it.  But QT has a bug on Windows that
makes it not read the system's hosts file.  My fault for using Windows on
occausion, I know :).

Mmm CTF... I've been playing that a lot lately.  I've been too lazy to
install Rocket Arena in Linux yet.

-Tom
tlburnett@ucdavis.edu