2002 Apr 03 22:58

Re: [vox] Creating lost+found?

On Wednesday 03 April 2002 13:45, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Hey...

Hey.  :-)

> Do you have to use mklost+found to create lost+found directories?  Can
> you just use "mkdir"?

You can imagine that it might not be ideal for e2fsck to be
allocating disk space on a damaged filesystem.  mklost+found
preallocates space for that purpose.

> AMOF, do you have to have lost+found directories
> at all (ie - does it get created automatically as needed by fsck?)

Dunno... but if you use a more modern filesystem like reiserfs,
you won't have to worry about it.  :-)

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/