2002 Apr 02 00:29

[vox] [tfarnall@cox.net: looking for Debian support]

this person isn't on vox, so if you want to reply, please cc him.

pete

----- Forwarded message from tfarnall <tfarnall@cox.net> -----

From: "tfarnall" <tfarnall@cox.net>
To: <root@lugod.org>
Subject: looking for Debian support
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 22:45:57 -0800

Hi!

I am contacting you because I'm looking for someone to provide paid
support to me in the use of Debian.

First of all some context. I do a lot of work as a programmer on my own
equipment (mostly perl, html, sql db's). It is in this capacity that I
want to move from windows to linux. I think this will be a major step
forward for me, based on my experience working as a programmer on other
peoples' linux and solaris systems.

Regarding the immediate help I need, it is for someone to walk me
through the debian install via telephone. I have gotten the cd's, but my
two attempts to install them have failed: while using the graphical
interface to configure my terminal, the system crashed, and I can't get
my cable connection to work. (And I am sure that beyond these two
hurdles still others await me.) I could probably dink around and manage
on my own, but I would rather pay for help and save my time. After the
initial install, I will need occasional help dealing with the inevitable
'out of nowhere' problems, as well as putting on new hardware and
software. For most of this later support, I expect email contact will be
adequate if this is preferable.

I can afford to pay $40US per hour. Also, for a person of solid
competence, I will provide a significant number of leads to people who
want to switch to linux but who need support similar to what I have just
described in order to do so.

I prefer to be contacted via email with a brief description of the
interested person's work with debian.

Thanks,

Tom Arnall
Arcata, CA