2002 Mar 31 15:18

Re: [vox] The Easiest Distro?

Red Hat is certainly the most popular distribution, and since you are
most familiar with it, might as well use it.  However that's probably
the least important issue.

The tough problems are conversion, networking, applications and
ongoing support.  You can't just drop off Linux boxes at a nonprofit
and walk away.  Each organization is going to have different needs,
and they will seldom be what you imagine.

I've helped my wife out at 3 different nonprofits, and each had its
own unique challenges that had nothing to do with Linux.  There's
nothing like crawling over fiberglass insulation in an attic with
cat5 cable in one hand, a flashlight in the other, and protruding
nails inches from your head.  :-)

My suggestion: talk to a couple of places, help them figure out
what they need, and decide if you have the time and energy to make
a difference.

Good luck!

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/