January 6: Social gathering
2002 Mar 31 15:59

[vox] The Easiest Distro?

I don't want to start any sort of battle here, but...

I am considering putting together a proposal to set up some local
charity groups with Linux computers (because Linux is cheap, reliable,
and runs on cheaper computers).  While I'm most familiar with Red Hat,
what would be the best distribution to set up in an environment of
non-techies?  What productivity applications would you set up for them,
and so on?  I figure Linux is computing for the people, but the people
still need to be able to use the system.

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com